Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A few recipe favorites


A snowy hello from Madison this morning! We got a light dusting last night and since we seems that winter has abandoned southern Wisconsin this year- it was a welcome sight. Or at least for the pup and I who love our morning walks in the quiet, snowy morning light. Alas for the dog and I, the temp is already above freezing and I doubt our snow will stick around.

I'll be back later today with a recipe post but this morning I wanted to link to a few new recipes I've found around the interwebs that I'm dying to try. 

If you've tried any of these recipes do let me know what you think!

Harissa Chickpea Stew from A Cozy Kitchen -M and I are big chickpea/garbanzo bean fans. We love them in stews and chili, homemade hummus and all sorts of other applications. Doesn't this stew look amazing? And I bet it smells even better!


Seared Bitter Green Salad from The Kitchn (Apartment Therapy's cooking site) -I'm a sucker for any sort of salad that incorporates a bitter or peppery green, some stinky cheese, fruit and/or nuts so this recipe appears to be right up my alley. And ohmygod how I love beets too. M is not much of a beet fan so we'll see if I end up making this just for my own lunch instead of dinner or I just convince him to give it a go. Either way this will be in my belly sometime very soon.

Quinoa and Sweet Potato Cakes from Canelle et Vanille -a dear friend who moved to Australia (!) last year just sent me this recipe and it looks scrumptious. I have two giant sweet potatoes sitting in my cupboard right now just waiting for the right recipe. This might be it. M doesn't really care for quinoa (sensing a theme here? While I don't want to make him out to be picky eater, I'm definitely a fan of more foods than he. I'll eat anything. Seriously.) but I think I'll give this recipe a go anyway and maybe add some goat cheese on top as a way to entice his taste buds. I'm loving this blog by the way. Her photography is nothing short of breathtaking! 

I'll report back when/if I make any of these recipes but for now I'm off to enjoy a cup of coffee and a bite of breakfast. As I've typed this post I've been eating peanut butter straight out of the jar (with my finger no less) and I think that's a sign I need some real food...

No comments: