Friday, February 3, 2012

Sniffles

Came down with a bit of a cold yesterday afternoon and it proceeded to get worse (and more annoying) as the night wore on. As in I woke up at least 15 times last night... Feeling pretty yucky so today's post will be brief. 

M was such a darling this morning! He got up early because he's super busy at work this morning but instead of popping in the shower and then on his way he took the dog out, made me coffee, brought me meds and some water and was just generally the sweetest thing! Because of all his generosity he ended up leaving later than ever for work... I hope he made it on time. He also took a hodgepodge of a lunch today as I managed to drag myself from bed long enough to throw a few things in his lunch box for him... Hope it's edible.

Anyway, as I lie here in bed snuggled up with our fluffy comforter and the cat I thought about things that always make me feel a bit better when I'm sick. A steaming beverage in my favorite mug, cute little tissues, slippers for chilly feet. Things like that. Somehow when I'm sick the little details (like finding my best coffee cup) seem to make me feel a little better.

What makes you feel better when you've got the sniffles?



Isn't this tissue box cover DIY I found on Design Sponge just lovely? If you're gonna be availing yourself of tissues ALL DAY long like I am might as well keep them in something eye-catching and pretty! If you're not feeling too under the weather this might be the perfect project for a sick-day.


Image 

M and I have a lovely set of white dishes that my Nana generously gave us shortly after we moved in together (over a year and a half ago!). We use them everyday and they're pretty enough to use for company as well. They've solid dishes, oven safe and I think we'll have them for years to come. Each place setting came with a coffee cup and we use them on a daily basis as well. But my favorite coffee mug is a big bowl-like contraption from Starbucks that I swear holds at least 12 ounces of hot beverage with room to add milk. I use this mug when I'm making a big cup of tea to last me for awhile or when we're having "French inspired" breakfasts (think good bread with creamy honey, yogurt, etc) complete with cafĂ© au lait. Its more of a bowl than a coffee mug which is why it's so great. You can use it for soups and stews, late night cereal attacks, etc. My mug is similar to the one below- except bigger.


Image

In my opinion one of the most important things you need when you're sick are comfy pjs. Somehow having your warm (and cute!) jammies makes you feel a little better. My current set of pjs looks nothing like these at all but here are a few I'm lusting after:


Image

Image


Image




No comments: