Monday, March 12, 2012

Bits from the weekend

Happy Monday dears! M had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and since the office is close to our apartment he came home afterwards rather than going back to work. Which means we had time to sneak a little ice cream run into our evening schedule... yum. I'm always up for more time with my boy. Oh and I also purchased more hand lotion for M to keep at work (this to be exact. He likes it because it doesn't have a "girly" smell.) but that's not quite as exciting as ice cream now is it?

I wanted to share a few snaps with you from the weekend. On Saturday we set off on a adventure and went hiking. Needless to say we all had a blast enjoying all the fresh air and lovely weather. I think that spending more time outdoors has been one of our favorite discoveries about our new lifestyle in Wisconsin. In Philadelphia, and before that when I lived in D.C., we would certainly go outside for walks and sidewalk brunches, etc, etc but here in Madison I find myself randomly just hitting the trail for impromptu strolls- greyhound chaperoned of course. Its so tempting to be outdoors all the time here, even when the weather is less than agreeable. I think my mind and body both appreciate the exercise.

Saturday we drove to Gibraltar Rock in the nearby hamlet of Lodi which is about an hour away. Mother nature cooperated and we had the most lovely time.

After our cross-country move in November Dean is a great road tripper.

I find the Wisconsin countryside so lovely. It has such a stark beauty.

Drive from Madison to Lodi

Lake Wisconsin in the background

Hiking!

View from the top of Gibraltar Rock



Love bug

Windy self-portrait

I'll be back tomorrow with a silly (and somewhat sad) attempt at a "fashion blog" outfit post. Promise you won't laugh at my impending awkwardness, okay?

No comments: