Sunday, March 4, 2012

happy meals, shamrock shakes and mcdonald's need for corporate responsibility?

I haven't yet mentioned on the blog that I'm very passionate about anti-poverty and anti-hunger work in the U.S. and especially keen on work promoting healthy, affordable eating habits for children. In one of my "past lives" I was a fellow with an organization committed to bringing the vicious cycle of inter-generational poverty and hunger in America to an end. It was an extremely educational year of my life and perhaps sometime I'll talk a bit more about that experience. I was fortunate to be a part of this wonderful organization and work with some truly inspirational individuals.

I say of all that to provide you with a bit of context for the infographic I'm about to post below. Oh and if you're at all interested in food justice issues, the quality of food we're feeding our kids in America or a related topic, I would encourage you to check out Fed Up with School Lunch both the blog and the book.

And just in case after reading the infographic below you think I absolutely hate McDonalds, I don't. In fact, I had a shamrock shake at McDonalds last weekend and enjoyed it very much. But I'm an adult who understands the concept of eating junk food in moderation. I made a conscious choice to stop for that milkshake. Stepping away from the soapbox...


mcdonalds
Add caption
Wow... that's waaay more political than I ever thought I'd be here but, if you can't already tell, I'm pretty passionate about these things. Especially when children are affected. Anyway, I'll just shut my mouth now and show you the post that got me so riled up in the first place.
Source: http://frugaldad.com

No comments: